# 216 Set Yourself Up for Summer
I recently asked a mom about her summer plans, and she said, “I can’t
even go there.” I completely understand this, we are so busy with the craziness of May that we can’t see past the end of school.
We may think about signing our kids up for camp or planning the family vacation and that’s about it.
But if you want to set yourself up for success this summer you need to be intentional about what you want before you are in the middle of the summer. These questions can help.
- What do you need to recover from the school year?
- What are your top priorities or values for the summer?
- What season am I in? (Knowing this helps shape your expectations.)
- How can I improve my relationship with my teen this summer?
- What does my kid need this summer?